Helium is an enert gas, it’s totally safe and non flamable. We can deliver anywhere in mainland UK or you can collect cylinders from our Birmingham retail shop. All cylinders purchased from ‘balloon.co.uk’ are on hire.
If you’re worried about the planet and a shortage of helium, have a read of this. The stuff we fill balloons with is impure dirty helium that cannot be used in MRI scanners (it’s the stuff nobody else wants).
G10 Size – Inflates 150 x 11″ balloons – £69.00+vat
Delivery & Collection of cylinder – £40.00+vat
Rental – £10.00+vat per month for cylinder & kit
You are paying for the helium gas inside the cylinder – you do not own the cylinder. We try to give a realistic number for the amount each cylinder will inflate. Cylinders can be delivered and collected anywhere in mainland Britain for £40+vat (some areas in Scotland are restricted).
These new Genie cylinders are lighter and easy to use and they do not need to be chained up or secured, because of their low height they can’t get accidentally knocked over. The G10 has a digital display to show the gas remaining.
The cylinders are softer to touch than the conventional heavy metal ones. They are filled to a higher pressure of 300 bar which is why they can inflate so many balloons yet still remaining small and easy to carry.
We require a £100 deposit for each hire plus £10 per month rental on each cylinder. A filling kit will be included in the hire.
Genie Helium Safety Operating Instructions
It is essential that you read these instructions before using your first cylinder of helium gas.
- Store the cylinder in an upright position.
- Always keep the cylinder in a well ventilated area away from fire risks and sources of heat.
- Fire hazards should be avoided. However, in the event of a fire, vacate the area and call the fire Brigade informing them that the cylinder of Balloon Gas is there.
- Ensure that there is good ventilation when cylinders are carried in vans or cars and that cylinders are always secure during transit.
- To avoid accidents, as Genie cylinders are stored at high pressure, the cylinder valve should never be opened without the appropriate filling kit attached and should be tightly closed when the cylinder is not in use.
- You must always remove the filling kit if moving the cylinder any distance or ceasing to use it. Remember to turn off the cylinder valve and release pressure in the filling kit before removing it.
Please return the cylinder and filling kit when empty. The cylinder and kit remain the property of balloon.co.uk at all times. For more information email email@example.com
Remove any seal which is covering the valve outlet on the Genie cylinder.
Connect the appropriate Universal filling kit by screwing it in a clockwise direction until hand-tight (no spanner is required).
Slowly open the hand wheel valve anti-clockwise to allow gas into the filling kit.
Listen for any obvious leaks. If there is a leak, turn off the valve, release any excess gas in the kit and check you have fitted the filling kit correctly. Try the procedure again and, if the problem persists, close the valve and call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To inflate a valved balloon with the universal kit hold the balloon valve firmly over the blue nozzle. Push the nozzle in to release the gas and inflate the balloon to the desired size. Valved latex balloons can be re-inflated.
When the balloon is filled the ribboned valve will self seal. Pull the ribbon from the valve and the balloon is ready for use.
To remove the universal filling kit, turn cylinder valve off by turning in a clockwise direction.
Before removing the filling kit from the cylinder, release any excess gas by pushing in the Blue nozzle. Twist the kit anti-clockwise and remove from the cylinder.
To activate the Genie digital intelligence unit push the Black button once. The screen will display the contents of the cylinder. Press the button repeatedly to switch between balloon sizes. Select ‘M’ to get the approximate number of 12″ balloon capacity remaining in the cylinder. The display will switch off automatically after a few seconds.